Resume of Limpopo MEC for Education Ms Polly Boshielo
Ms Boshielo was born and bred in Seshego and matriculated at Mmakgabo High School in 1989. She is married to Mr Benny Boshielo and blessed with three boys.
- Master’s in Philosophy (MPHIL) in Transport Studies from University of Cape Town in 2018.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Limpopo, Turfloop.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) at Unisa in 2004.
- Three year Diploma in Road Transport at the University of RAU in 2000.
CERTIFICATES AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Diploma in Keyboard training, Introduction to Micro Computers, Understanding Ms-Dos and Basic Office Skills (with Distinction) at Academy of Learning in 1994.
- Diploma in Office Administration (First Class), Awarded Merit Award for Meritorious Achievement and Top Student at Damelin Management School in 1994.
- Diploma in Basic Bookkeeping at Damelin Management School in 1995.
- Certificate in Protocol and Etiquette at Foreign Service Institute, Department of Foreign Affairs: Republic of South Africa in 2001.
- Executive Course in Finance for non-Financial Public and Development Managers at the University of Witwatersrand, Graduate School of Public and Development Management in 2001.
- Eight (8) months certificate course in Program and Project Management at University of Witswatersrand in 2002.
Completed the following certificates with Regenesys School of Public Management from 2000-2002:
- Personal and Team Effective Course
- Strategic Planning and Change Management Course
- Project Management
- Policy Development and Management
- Programme in Strategically Transforming your Organisation at University of Witwatersrand, Graduate School of Public and Development Management in 2002.Course in Linking Budgets to Strategic Planning at Lab Epitomy in 2004
- Advanced Event Management Course at Siyanqoba Seminars in 2004
- Course in the Performance Budgeting and Costing at the University of Cape Town and AFREG in 2005 Senior Management Programme (SMP) certificate at the University of Pretoria in 2006.
- Graduate School of Leadership obtained in 2007 and Executive Leadership Programme (ELP) at University of Cape Town in 2008.
- Certificate in “Integrated Urban Transport Planning” (Facilitated) World Bank Group: The Open Learning Campus 05 April- 23 May 2016
- Harvard Business School Leadership for Senior Executives in 2018
COUNTRIES VISITED TO STUDY TRANSPORT AND INTERMODAL FACILITIES
- London- UK
- Paris- France
- Amsterdam- Netherlands
- Madrid and Barcelona- Spain
- Frankfurt and Berlin- Germany
CAREER/ EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- African National Congress: Northern Province Administrator: Office of the Secretariat June 1990- April 1994
- Limpopo Provincial Government, served as Head of the MEC’s office in the following Departments:
- Department of Education
- Departmet of Agriculture and Environment
- Department of Roads and Transport April 1994-2007
- Limpopo Provincial Government Department of Roads and Transport
General Manager/ Chief Director: Public Transport 2007-2010
- Gateway Airports Authority Limited (GAAL) Board Member ,served in the following committees:
- Audit and Risk
- Operations 2007-2010
- Autopax Passenger Services (Pty) Ltd a subsidiary of Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) Executive Manager: Business Development 2010-2012
- Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA)
General Manager: Regional Planning and Special Projects 2012-2014
- Republic of South Africa Member of Parliament, served in the following committees: Portfolio Committee on Transport
- Standing Committee on Auditor-General
- Multi-Party Women Caucus May 2014-June 2015
- Limpopo Provincial Legislature Member of the Provincial Legislature
- Limpopo Provincial Legislature Speaker of the Limpopo Legislature October 2015- 2019
- Appointed MEC for Education 2019 – to date
POLITICAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVISM
BEC Member: Seshego Youth Congress 1988 – 1990
- African National Congress Youth League (ANCYL) Chairperson: Seshego Branch 1991 - 1992
- African National Congress BEC Member: Seshego Branch 1991 - 1993
- South African Communist Party (SACP) Northern Province
- Provincial Treasurer 1992-1996
- African National Congress Limpopo Province Ike Maphoto Branch: BEC and Member 1996 - date
- African National Congress Limpopo Province Volunteer: Project Management and Secretariat 1997-2009
- South African Communist Party (SACP) Limpopo Province Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) member, served in the following committees:
- Provincial Treasurer
- Convenor: Economic Transformation
- Convenor: 2014 National and Provincial Elections Committee
- African National Congress Limpopo Province ANC Peter Mokaba Region, served as Regional Task Team (RTT) member Served as Regional Executive Committee (REC) May 2013 - 2018
- African National Congress Limpopo Province Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) member Provincial Working Committee (PWC) member June 2018 - to date
- Commonwealth Parliamentarians Association President: Limpopo Legislature Branch October 2015 – May 2019
- Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians President: Limpopo Legislature Branch October 2015 – May 2019